Deaf Awareness Courses
Our half-day course will train your staff to provide better service to people with a hearing loss.
Topics covered include:
- How to communicate with a d/Deaf or hearing-impaired person
- How to get the attention of such a person and what NOT to do
- Understanding deafness
- Developing Communication Tactics for successful outcomes
- The Differences Between Deaf People
- How Common is Deafness?
- Types of Hearing Loss
- The Impact of Sound
- The Impact of Deafness
- Language & Culture of Deaf People
- Hearing Aids and Lipreading
This course can be provided anywhere in the south east at a time (morning/afternoon/evenings or weekends, as required.) Provide your staff with this valuable training for just £20 per person, (subject to a minimum number of 14 persons attending the course.) Our standard cost is £280 plus our tutor's mileage from Canterbury. Staff from multiple sites can be accommodated on one course.
A certificate of competence will be awarded to everyone who successfully completes the course.