However, if you currently donate to Hi Kent via Amazon, then things are changing. Amazon are no longer part of the Easyfundraising scheme and have set up a separate arrangement of their own called Amazon Smile. To continue to support us when shopping on Amazon, you'll need to set up a free account here. Amazon will continue to donate a percentage of the cost of your purchases to Hi Kent – and it still doesn't cost you anything. Read on to continue to support Hi Kent...
To set up Amazon Smile on your PC:
- Visit smile.amazon.co.uk.
- If not already, you'll be prompted to log in.
- Type "Hi Kent" into the search bar and then select Hi Kent from the list.
- Check that you understand you must shop through the Amazon Smile URL (smile.amazon.co.uk) in order to donate, then click the Start Shopping button.
- You'll then be taken to smile.amazon.co.uk where you can begin shopping. When you purchase items, a percentage of the price will be donated to Hi Kent without any extra charge to you.
To set up Amazon Smile on your Android device:
- Open the Android app on your device and then open the menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to AmazonSmile.
- Here you will see Hi Kent as your selected charity. If this isn't the case, please complete the section above titled "To set up Amazon Smile on your PC:". If AmazonSmile on this device indicates Off, press the Turn on AmazonSmile button. If it indicates On, then the app is already using AmazonSmile and you don't need to complete any further steps.
- The AmazonSmile setup process will start. On the next screen, press the Get Started button.
- The next screen will explain about notifications. Press the Next button.
- On the next screen, you can choose whether or not to receive notifications by pressing the down chevron next to Receive notifications. Once you have done this, press the Turn on AmazonSmile button.
- The next screen should indicate that AmazonSmile has been successfuly set up. Press the Start Shopping button to return to the app's home screen.
- The app's home screen should now show the Smile.Amazon.co.uk logo at the top to indicate that AmazonSmile is activated.
Please note: Currently, Amazon does not make donations from purchases made via the Amazon app on iPhones and iPads.
However, you can add a browser shortcut to these devices which will take you directly to smile.amazon.co.uk where your purchases will generate a donation.
On an iPhone or iPad:
- Use the Safari browser to visit smile.amazon.co.uk and log in if you haven't already done so.
- Once you scroll down, press the share button that appears.
- Choose Add to Home Screen from the menu. You might need to scroll sideways to see it.
- On the next screen, press Add.
- A new Amazon Smile icon should appear on your Home Screen.
You can also continue to support Hi Kent on EasyFundraising by shopping at hundreds of different merchants.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for continuing to support us with your kind donations.
The Hi Kent Team.