Phoneplus Telephone Handset Amplifier PL51
£29.40 inc. VAT
All purchased equipment comes with a 28 day return policy, whereby if an item is returned within this period in its original packaging and in a saleable condition, then the buyer is entitled to a full refund of the price of the item. Please note that this does not include postage & packaging.
The Phoneplus is a discreet, stylish, battery operated device that connects between the base unit and handset of most corded handset telephones. It can be left connected when no volume or tone boosting is needed without affecting the performance of your telephone. The phoneplus automatically switches “on” when the handset is lifted, and switches “off” when the handset is replaced.
If telephone callers’ voices seem very quiet or muffled you will benefit from using our Phoneplus. The Phoneplus is used to increase the volume of the caller’s voice through your handset with the addition of boosting high or low tones if required.
Not suitable for use with Cordless, mobile or telephones with buttons in the handset.
- Headset/Neckloop socket;
- Use the telephone handset as normal to speak into, but you can listen through a headset or neckloop plugged into this socket;
- Volume control;
- Adjust the volume to the setting which is most comfortable by moving the volume control slide switch;
- Tone control;
- Adjust the tone control slide switch up or down to a position which allows you to hear clearly, the normal tone can be found at the middle point on the tone control slide;
- When the control is moved up the higher frequencies will be boosted and if the control is moved down lower frequencies will be boosted;
- Boost control;
- Press and hold down the boost button for further amplification, the boost function doubles the output at the chosen volume setting;
- When using the boost function background noise and the possibility of feedback occurring will be greatly reduced as this function mutes the microphone in your handset;
- When speaking, remember to release the boost button so that the person you are speaking to can hear you at their normal volume level;
- LED Indicator;
- The phone plus turns on automatically every time the telephone handset is lifted, this is indicated by the green LED illuminating;
- The phoneplus will switch off automatically approximately 30 seconds after the telephone handset is replaced onto the cradle, this will be indicated by the green LED no longer being lit;
- Please note that switching the unit on and off is an automatic function not related to the position of the volume control;
- If the battery in the phone plus is low or flat the telephone will still function as normal providing the volume control is returned to the minimum setting;
- Not returning the volume control to minimum will give reduced output, when the batteries are exhausted.
- A Phoneplus amplifier with slide volume and tone adjustment, Boost Button and a headset/Neckloop socket;
- A connecting lead from the Phoneplus to the base of your telephone;
- 2 x AA batteries which may last up to two years (based on 20 minutes use per day);
- Operating instructions.
In some cases the Phoneplus may not work with your telephone, the PL51 features a Handset wiring module which will allow you to change the settings within the amplifier so it will work with almost every corded telephone.
Sarabec Ltd. declares that the PL51 telephone amplifier is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of the R&TTE directive 1999/5/EC.