About the Course
This course teaches you how to communicate using BSL. It covers a range of topics using simple, everyday language. You do not need any previous BSL experience.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand and use a range of simple words and sentences
- Participate in simple, everyday conversations
- Give and follow simple directions
Our BSL Level 1 course is suitable for those who:
- Would like to learn basic skills to have simple conversations with other BSL users
- Are looking to progress to more advanced study and/or employment using BSL in the future
- Are studying for personal development
- Have parents, children, family, friends or colleagues who are Deaf BSL users
To achieve the full Signature Level 1 Certificate in British Sign Language, learners are required to pass all 3 unit assessments. Signature is the leading awarding body for deaf communication and language qualifications in the UK.
Hi Kent provides BSL Level 1 courses throughout Kent in partnership with Kent Adult Education.
Prices for 2023-2024 Academic Year
Level 1 courses cost £540 per person, including assessment fees, if you live in Kent. If you live outside of Kent the cost is £720 per person. Other discounts may be available if you are in receipt of certain benefits, or have D/deaf family members.
Payments can be made by debit/credit card (in person or over the phone), BACS transfer, cheque, cash at one of our offices, or we can invoice your employers if they are funding the course. An instalment plan is also available.
Early enrolment is recommended, as our outstanding success rates mean that our courses always fill up quickly.
Information and Booking
To book a place on a course, please download the application form below and return it as soon as possible by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Zoe Holder, Hi Kent, 46 Northgate, Canterbury, Kent CT1 1BE.
For any further information please contact Zoe Holder at email@example.com, call us on 01227 760046, or text 07512 073841.