Criteria for a KCC Assessment by Hi Kent are:
- You are aged 26 years old or over
- You have a clinical hearing loss
- You have had a hearing test within the last 3 years
- You do not also have major sight loss (a dual sensory need)
- You live in the KCC council tax area
You are still entitled to an assessment even if you do not fall under these criteria:
Please be aware that assistive hearing equipment is designed to work with hearing aids, not to be a substitute for them. Unless you cannot wear hearing aids for a medical reason, we strongly recommend that you take a look at this information before starting the Assessment process.