Phonak's latest state of the art wireless microphone Roger On incorporates MultiBeam 2.0 Technology helping to provide excellent speech understanding in noise.
Roger On is a versatile microphone transmitter, ideal for situations where background noise is present such as pubs and restaurants. It is used in conjunction with suitable Roger receivers, such as the Roger Neckloop receiver or Roger X ear-level receivers - purchased separately.
The Roger On is a sleek and modern Roger transmitter and is very easy to set up and use. The built-in display tells you which microphone mode the Roger On is working in if it is muted or locked and the battery life.
Its settings automatically adjust to suit its environment based on acoustic scene analysis and its orientation. The Roger On is ideal for adults and teenagers and can be used alongside other Roger transmitters in a network.
Roger is the wireless technology from Phonak. Digital processing makes speech significantly clearer – automatically adjusting to enhance understanding and comprehension considerably, even in noisy situations. For more information, click here.
The Roger On can be used with miniature Roger receivers, which attach directly to hearing aids or cochlear implants. These are sold separately and come in different models. Connecting a Roger On to a Roger receiver is really easy - simply make sure they are all charged up, turned on and within 10cm of each other and then push the Connect button on the back of the Roger On. The screen will show a tick to indicate a successful pairing and you're ready to go!
Roger On can be used in many different situations, such as:
- In restaurants, cafés, etc.
- In small group conversations with up to six participants
- In one-on-one conversations with a friend, partner or caregiver
- During lectures or in class
- Outdoors and indoors activities (gym, guided tour)
- Watching TV (using the docking station)
- Audio/voice from the computer, radio etc (using the docking station)
Feel part of the whole conversation
Roger On picks up the voice of a speaker and sends it wirelessly directly to your ears using Phonak's exclusive Roger wireless technology.
The Roger On docking station is used to both recharge the microphone and transmit audio from a TV or other audio device (such as your TV, tablet or music system) to the Roger On (and into your hearing aids). Alternatively, you can use the short micro-USB audio cable to connect your multimedia device directly to your Roger On.
There are four main ways of using your Roger On:
- On a table: Place Roger On in the center of the table and hear the people sitting around it.
- Pointing: Hold Roger On in the direction of the person you want to hear.
- Presenter: Clip or hang Roger On near the mouth of a distant talker and hear them better.
- TV/Multimedia: Stream the sound from your TV or another audio source directly into your ears.
Hear where the sound is coming from
MultiBeam 2.0 Technology automatically compares and chooses the direction with the best signal-to-noise ratio and recognizes where the speech is coming from.
Zoom in on the person talking
Pointing mode 2.0 uses three microphones in a row allowing the user to zoom in on the person talking where noise is present or in a group conversation where there is a distance to a talker. This mode can be used when the microphone is held in the hand or placed on a table.
Automatic microphone modes
Thanks to the built-in accelerometer, Roger On recognizes the sound environment and its position, and switches automatically between Table mode, Presenter mode and Pointing mode. The display shows you which mode is active and the status of the device.
Protected against splashes of water
Roger On is protected against splashes of water and IP54 rated. It can be used in everyday situations like being placed on a table where drinks are present or worn outdoors.
myRogerMic app gives control
With the myRogerMic app, you can control your Roger On remotely. It allows you to:
- Steer the direction of the beam(s) towards the persons you want to listen to
- Change microphone mode
- Mute / unmute
- Check current device status such as battery level and actual microphone mode
myRogerMic app can be used on smartphones with Bluetooth® Low-Energy (BT-LE) capability and is iOS® Version 13.0 or newer and Google Mobile Services (GMS) certified Android devices supporting Bluetooth 4.2 and Android OS 7.0 or newer.
(Please note the Roger On does not support Bluetooth phone calls or audio streaming. You can listen to music by connecting to a device using the audio lead supplied. If you need to be able to make Bluetooth phone calls you may wish to consider the Roger Select transmitter.)
The Roger On is supplied with:
- 1 x Docking station
- 1 x Power supply UK
- 1 x Charging lead (USB to USB C)
- 1 x Plastic Case
- 1 x Adjustable Lanyard
- 1 x Audio cable for the docking station (3.5mm to 3.5mm jack)
- 1 x 3.5mm to USB C cable (Connect Roger On to audio output)
- 1 x Optical audio cable (Toslink)
- 1 x User Guide
- Transmission Distance: 10m typical, 20m ideal conditions
- Audio Bandwidth: 100 Hz to 7.3kHz
- Operating time: Up to 8 hours
- Charging time: Approx. 3 hours (80% after 1 hour)
- Battery: Chargeable Lithium Polymer
- Charger: 5V 1A
- Microphone: Built-in array microphone
- External Input: Charger / Line Input - Micro USB
- Transmission: 2.4GHz including active automatic frequency hopping
- Antenna: Built-in
Skip to product information